How to increase/resize disk space on a KVM machine running on SolusVM?
- Log into SolusVM Admin interface.
- Disk Space should be increased in Virtual Servers > VPS > Resources tab.
- Reboot VPS to apply the change.
Note: Increased disk space should be assigned to a necessary partition directly in VPS
There are various ways to increase disk space. Use one of the following guides:
Or using GParted image:
- Add gparted ISO into SolusVM using this article.
- Open SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS > Resources, set the required HDD Space and click Update
- Mount GParted iso to VPS at SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS > Settings, Change Boot Order to "(1) CDROM (2) Hard Disk"
- Reboot the VPS at SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS > Reboot
- Access VPS over VNC.
- Increase the Disk space using this guide. Below you can find an example how to do this:
- In SolusVM unmount Gparted image and change Boot Order back in SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS > Settings
- Reboot VPS